Drill Riser Buoyancy Systems
Proven track record of delivery
Matrix is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of drill riser buoyancy systems. With the world's largest, most technically advanced composites syntactic plant, Matrix leads the field in quality construction and faster turnaround times - less than 10 weeks in some cases.
All Matrix syntactic foam bouyancy solutions have been designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with API 16F by Bureau Veritas. Utilising composite syntactic foam and advanced composite laminate technologies, the modules are renowned for their strength and light weight.
Matrix drill riser buoyancy systems have been successfully deployed in some of the harshest conditions around the world and have operated at water depths up to 14,000 feet. Recently, we have designed new modules for use at 20,000 feet, making our drill riser buoyancy systems the the ideal solution for deep sea mining applications.
Matrix also provides a comprehensive aftermarket repair and replacement service, available on-site at the client's premises or at a Matrix approved service facility in Australia and the US.
- Full riser buoyancy string delivered in under 10 weeks
- Fully complient with API 16F 2nd edition
- Ultra light foam systems can reduce deck weight and provide space savings
- Ultra light foam systems allow for small OD, reducing drag and increasing the operational window during high current conditions. For additional VIV and drag suppression requirements refer to our Matrix LGS product
- Buoyancy designs load tested to replicate stacking loads seen on vessels
- Easily assembled - all module designs are 'test' fitted to your riser type to ensure assembly compatibility
- Wide range of high performance, lightweight syntactic foam materials
- Tough, damage tolerant skin system that incorporates an integral retention layer
Additional protection - Nautilus™
Subsea environments are some of the harshest on the planet. When aditional protection is required for your drill riser bouyancy modules, Matrix has the answer with its Nautilus™ Riser Protection product range. Not only will Nautilus extend the life of your buoyancy it can be installed onshore or offshore.
Nautilus™ is comprised of:
- Discrete SHIMS installed at key locations along a buoyancy string
- Impact tolerant armoured covers for additional protection if required.
Our Nautilus™ covers are manufactured from a revolutionary glass reinforced polymer fabric that when formed to a specific shape, create an extremely tough, impact resistance skin. The skin exhibits an impact strength four to five times higher than conventional DRBM fiberglass skin.