Products & services / Coatings
Revolutionising the Passive Fire Protection (PFP) Business
We are proud to be launching the revolutionary PFP (Passive Fire Protection) product, which will change the way PFP coatings are used in the Oil and Gas industry. Humidur Char addresses many of our customer's safety concerns, whilst assisting them with asset management and maintenance budget controls. Humidur® Char has received Type Approval from DNV.
Humidur® Char is a two-component, solvent-free, 100% solids, modified polyamine cured epoxy system offering the following features:
- Provides passive fire protection against hydrocarbon jet and pool fires by intumescence action
- Tested and approved for high heat flux jet fires and gas explosion resistance
- Single coat system, no primers required
- No reinforcing mesh or any other reinforcement required
- Approved by DNV for optimal surface preparation (ISO 8501-1 Sa 2 ½) and minimal surface preparation (St 2)
- Combines long-term corrosion and fire protection in high risk environments
- Environmentally friendly (100% solids, no solvents, under no circumstance whatsoever should thinner be used)
- Unlimited overcoating window
The numerous benefits of Humidur® Char include:
- Reduced asset downtime
- Reduced manhours
- Reduced equipment cost
- Reduced HSE risks
- Cost reduction without compromising safety on board
Approvals and certificates
- ISO 22899-1 Jet Fire test for structural steelwork
- High Heat Flux Jet Fire test as per Gexcon AS methodology to achieve 350 kW/m² (intended to be the basis for future PFP Net Standard)
- ISO 834-3 and BS 476-20 Appendix D Hydrocarbon Pool Fire test
- ISO/DIS 23693-1 Gas Explosion Resistance
- Received Type Approval from Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Every test had test specimens prepared to ISO 8501-1 Sa 2 ½ and St 2 coated with
Humidur® Char. DNV states that the difference in surface preparation has no effect on the fire and explosion performance.
- For all tests, Humidur® Char has been applied directly to the steel without use of a primer or reinforcing mesh.
Other approvals and certificates are available upon request.
Humidur® Char protects steel structures from the effects of hydrocarbon jet and pool fires in high risk environments such as the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Energy industries. The product is approved for both onshore and offshore environments.
Humidur® Char - meeting local HSE requirements
Humidur® Char significantly reduces Health, Safety & Environment impacts and offers the following benefits:
- No solvents (100%)
- No VOCs
- No heavy materials
- Reduced HSE risks during applicatin
- Reduced risk of coating failures
- No thinners shall be added during the application
- Humidur® Char Technical Data Sheet
- Humidur® Char Safety Data Sheet Component A
- Humidur® Char Safety Data Sheet Component B
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Want to learn more contact us on +61 8 9412 1200 or via our contact us form.