Mechanical Designer20 May 2021
Matrix Composites & Engineering proudly owns Australia’s largest composite manufacturing facility, in Henderson WA, where we specialise in the design, engineering and manufacture of composite and advanced material technology solutions.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Mechanical Designer, to join our experienced and innovative Technology Group.
Reporting to the Design Manager, this diverse and fast-paced role will see you preparing detailed engineering drawings for the resources, civil and defence sectors. No day is ever the same.
Proficiency in SolidWorks is essential and any experience working within the Resource sector would be preferable.
Responsibilities would include:
- Producing and issuing technical documents, including proposal drawings, storage & operation manuals, test plans & reports, detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Ensuring all design activities are in accordance with applicable Standards.
- Issuing technical information that is free of ambiguities and with clearly defined manufacturing detail and instructions.
- Ensuring thorough document control for traceability and currency of all technical documentation
- Participating in the FMEA process
- Composing and conducting testing on prototypes and collect and analyse test data.
- Liaising with internal and external stake holders, providing a high level of service and managing project expectations and deliverables.
- Acting as a point of contact for technical design queries
- Assisting the Quality team with inspection of manufactured components
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position and who is either qualified in drafting, engineering or has a mechanical trade background.
Other requirements for the role include:
- Knowledge of applicable drafting standards.
- Proficient in preparing 3D models and drawings, using Solidworks
- Ability to work autonomously and work on several projects concurrently
- High attention to detail.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Well versed with the Microsoft office suite of products.
To apply please .
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.